The Teens Count! program is an 8-week violence awareness and prevention program designed especially for older youth ages 12 -17. Teens Count! was developed to provide teens an opportunity for healing and growth in their lives.
The coordinators of this program believe that teens deserve validation and a listening ear, opportunities to express themselves authentically, access to creative outlets like art and movement, as well as guidance learning appropriate ways to express their sometimes complicates feelings.
Teens Count! meets weekly for one hour and focuses on a different theme each week.
HERE IS A COMPLETE LIST OF TEEN COUNT! TOPICS:
1. Roots of Violence: Power & Privilege
2. Gender Roles, Stereotypes & Objectification
3. Relationship Abuse & Safety Planning
4. Boundaries, Consent & Coercion
5. Sexual Harassment, Rape & Trafficking
6. Skillfully Managing Anger
7. Feelings, Thoughts & Self-Esteem
8. Creating Healthy Relationships